January 07, 2009

Flyingsaucer!


Flyingsaucer is one of those blogs that that I always get excited about when a new post pops up in my Google Reader. Selina, the creator, is a student at the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom, and I just love seeing what make-up or outfit she is wearing. She has amazing style that is at times retro-inspired (which I love), and always unique. I can imagine her being complimented on her outfits all the time. The minor tweaks in her wardrobe, such as the addition of boots, or changes to her hair, is fun to follow as well. She has won multiple blog awards, including the Ask.com Best British Blog in 2007, and currently blogs for the Birmingham Post. How cool is that?

One of the things I love most is her conversational style of writing. In a way she is thinking out loud, even about things that she is debating or unsure of yet, like whether to buy a pair of boots (or not). She adds a personal element to her writing, like what she is up to, and the awesome events she attends, and she ayways its great to get her take on how they went. There is usually a fashion-related element of "what should I wear?" as well, which I love, as I always have the same type of mindset. Flyingsaucer also has tons of pictures, which are wonderful. There are both close-ups and full-outfit shots, which are fun and easy to scan.

Selina studies Textile Management at Manchester and I know she has a bright future ahead of her in the fashion industry if she takes that route. Her passion is high, and she obviously has a lot of experience so far, with many years ahead of her! Keep up with her at Flyingsaucer and make sure to subscribe if you like what you see!

No comments: